“Tell me what is it that you plan to do with your one wild and precious life.”
– Mary Oliver
At age 26, Meredith came to Atlanta from Washington, D.C., and founded a commercial interior general contracting firm in a city where she had few professional connections.
Twenty years later, Leapley Construction is a premier commercial interior general contractor, generating over $85 million in revenue with top corporate clients such as The Coca-Cola Company, Norfolk Southern, Georgia Power, Georgia Tech, Emory University, and Piedmont Healthcare.
Integrity, persistence, and hard work are a few of the characteristics that have propelled Meredith into the top ranks, leading one of the fastest-growing women-owned companies. A natural connector and communicator, she attributes her company’s success to authentic, long-term relationships.
Meredith received her Bachelor of Science from the University of Maryland. She is a Board Certified Health Coach, and inspires everyone around her to pursue a healthy lifestyle.
Meredith’s achievements, both inside the commercial real estate industry and out, are many.
- Enterprising Women of the Year Award, Enterprising Women Magazine, 2018
- Founder’s Award from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta, 2017
- CREW Atlanta’s Enrepreneurial Spirit Award, 2017
- YWCA’s Woman of Achievement Award, 2016
- Phenomenal Woman Award, Kennesaw State University’s Siegel Institute, 2016
- POW! Award Honoring Purposeful Women, Womenetics, 2015
- Daring to Care for Our Future Award, Care and Counseling Center of Georgia, 2015
- Power Woman in Atlanta Commercial Real Estate by Bisnow, 2014
- Atlanta Business Chronicle’s “Women Who Mean Business”, 2014
- The Women Presidents’ Organization ranked Meredith 41ston their 7th Annual List of the 50 Fastest-Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies around the globe.
- CREW Career Advancement for Women Award, 2014
- Turner Properties Trailblazer Award, 2007
- Atlanta’s Top 40 Under 40, 2007
- Partner in the Promise from the Chairman of The Coca-Cola Company, 2005
- The Committee of 200
- CoreNet Global
- Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2014
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta Board Member for seven years; Chair 2011-2013. She has mentored her Little Brother, Andrew, for 12 years and continues to champion his success by sponsoring his education at Darlington School.
- Board Member, Emory University Board of Visitors
- United Way Tocqueville Society
A few things most people don’t know about Meredith:
If I had to choose a soundtrack for my career, it would be…
“Work That” by Mary J. Blige
The books that have helped me the most in business are…
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
Love to dance!
The first thing I do every day is…
I grab a cup of coffee and take a 45-minute walk with my dog Molly. It helps set the tone for my day.
The most unusual item in my desk drawer is…
Cards that I have received through the years from friends and team members.
Haribo brand Gummi Bears